Friday 11 March 2011

Crowded aboard the New Music Express

This year I seem to be constantly saying 'I need some more new music' despite the fact that I probably listen to, at the very least, 4 or 5 new bands every day... Each week, I'll scan through NME and the Guardian music's latest findings and I'll click around my favourite blogs as well as pitchfork and hype machine daily. And today it finally came to me- there's TOO MUCH bloody new music. Music is so accessible now, I'll often give a recommended track one or two listens before deciding if its worth a download when some of my favourite old albums took a good few listens to work their way into my heart. With scores of bands being lauded the 'hottest new thing' each week it becomes increasingly difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Anyway, enough ranting. Here is a treat for you, the rare treasure that is a track that sticks out instantly, I haven't stopped listening to it all week. Loving the morphiage into an almost entirely different (and equally great) track at around 3:30....

Enjoy!

Young Man- Up So Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment